Monday 25 January 2010

Maybelline 'The Falsies'

I really need to stop buying mascara's but its like an addiction for me.
love playing up my eyes and mascara is the perfect thing when it works well.

So today i went and bought Maybellines new addition 'The Falsies'.
Its in the exact same style tube as 'Colossal' but its a bright purple colour instead of yellow.

The brush is a 'spoon' shape that curves around your lashes and is designed to grab each one and coat them to create a volumising effect. The bristles inside the curve are short, and the ones on either side are longer, presumably to create length.

I brought it in 'Black' and that was the only colour they had on sale.








So i put about three coats on and it gave me nice dark long looking lashes. However i dont find it particularly volumising which is what its mainly marketed for.

Personally i like the effect becuase i like the big spidery lash look but for someone looking for bushy voluminous lashes you may be a little dissapointed.



Im pretty impressed but im not sure whether it is better than my current number one, Loreal Voluminous, as this gives great length but also a lot of volume and does leave my lashes feeling slightly softer than 'The Falsies' harder formulation.




No comments:

Post a Comment